The Bachelor of Arts Major in English program aims to produce graduates who:
1. Display competence in communication, both oral and written, in terms of expressing their ideas effectively and efficiently;
2. Hold an extensive realization on the use of language in the society and among the different cultures;
3. Exhibit proficiency on the different theories and approaches literary criticism, linguistic, translation, and in English teaching;
4. Reveal appreciation on the different theories and approaches in literary history of the Philippines; and
5. Exercise their skill in creative writing to articulate significant human experience.