Institute of Agricultural Technology
- To produce graduates for the manpower requirements of the service area.
- Establish and maintain agricultural objects with high instructional value development.
- To empower farmer and other clientele imbed with increased knowledge and productivity.
- To engage in research and extension development program for the university and the community.
The Bachelor of Agricultural Technology Program must be able to:
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice (PQF level 6 description);
- Effectively communicate orally in writing using both English and Filipino;
- Work effectively and independently in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams (PQF level 6 description);
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibilities;
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722);
- Generate and share knowledge relevant to specific fields in the study of agriculture;
- Formulate and implement agricultural development plans and programs;
- Apply the scientific methods in knowledge generation and knowledge application;
- Understand and apply the concepts of agricultural productivity and sustainability in the conduct of national, regional and global developments;
- Engage in agricultural production and post-production activities;
- Promote sound agricultural technologies to various clients and in the manpower development for agriculture;
- Employ relevant tools in information technology in solving agriculture-related problems;
- Exhibit technical competencies in agriculture and agri-entrepreneurship;
- Possess proficiency in agricultural technology, research and extension for sustainable agricultural development of the service area;
- Manage viable agribusiness enterprises for self-employment and income generation; and
- Apply knowledge and skills developed for health and safety standards, friendly environment, good interpersonal relationship, and linkaging in agri-project development.